Q& Any: THE COLLEGE READY PROCESS Yesterday morning, I was some guest regarding #CollegeCash talk on Facebook discussing school preparation the online means that are available for the patients parents and students. Since not necessarily everyone can show up at these shows or is normally active on Tweet, I thought it is nice to talk about the inquiries and solutions here on my very own blog.
Question: Whenever do moms and dads start the group prep method?
- Ideally you need to start speaking with your college about the associated with an education right after they start class and amp it up throughout middle school.
- 9th standard students must pay close attention to training course selection enrolling in AP is in classes, maths and scientific discipline.
- 9th graders should also check for that A SINGLE extracurricular pastime to concentrate on for high school.
Query: What do the truth is as the parent’s role inside college ready process?
- Mothers and fathers should let the student ‘drive the car’ but complement as a passenger/guide
- Parents will help with business and gentle simple guidelines regarding deadlines
- Parents really need to be there for advice, support and things but may take control of the task
Question: Exactly what online applications do you advocate for looking at colleges side-by-side?
- I love Zinch because you can generate a profile, do a comparison of colleges and start matched w/colleges and scholarships or grants http://www.zinch.com
- You can utilize the College Board’s tool to colleges as well http://collegesearch.collegeboard.com/search/index.jsp
- Other sites tend to be: http://www.collegeview.com/index.jsp & http://www.collegexpress.com/ & http://www.cappex.com & http://www.collegeconfidential.com
Thought: What web based tools would you recommend just for test preparation?